- Where is The Differences of PCB and PCBA?
- PoP Assembly is Important Solution of Driven SMT Assembly Process
- MOKO Tell you on Significances of PCB assembly services
- What is the Advantages of Low Volume PCB Assembly?
- It is a tough job to Evaluate A PCB Manufacturer
- Why MOKO Pay more attention on multi-layer PCB ?
- You Must Know About LED Lighting Knowledge
- The Challenges and Solutions of Double-Sided and High Density PCB Assembly
- The Important Advatages and Types of LED Signs
- The Vital significance of from efficient PCB prototyping and Successful PCB Assembly
MOKO Make Metal Core PCB Industry Easier
Nowadays, as improvement in technology and science, MCPCB is playing an increasingly important role in various industry, MCPCBs are used instead of traditional FR4 or CEM3 PCBs because of the ability to efficiently dissipate heat away from the components, especially for LED products. This is achieved by using a Thermally Conductive Dielectric Layer.
Below we would like to tell you what advantages Metal Core PCB have.
The Advantages of Metal Core PCB
MCPCBs can be advantageous to use for their ability to integrate a dielectric polymer layer with a high thermal conductivity for a lower thermal resistance.
Metal core PCBs transfer heat 8 to 9 times faster than FR4 PCBs. MCPCB laminates dissipate heat, keeping heat generating components cooler which results in increased performance and life.
Currently, for many double-sided PCB or Multilayer PCB with high density and power, it's a challenge for heat emitted. The normal PCB raw material such as FR4 or CEM3 have poor thermal conductivity and inter-layer insulation. The heat is difficult to go out and high temperature will cause the failure of electronic components. Aluminum PCB have excellent thermal conductivity and they could be a quite good cool solution.
2. thermal expansion
Thermal expansion and contraction is the common nature of the substance, different CTE is different in thermal expansion. As its own characterics, aluminum and copper have unique advance than normal FR4, thermal conductivity can be 0.8~3.0 W/c.K.
3. dimensional stability
Compare with FR4 PCB, the scale of metal core PCB is much more stable. Aluminum PCB, heated from 30℃ to 140~150℃, the scale changes only from 2.5 – 3%. So the metal PCB is more suitable to work in the condition of high temperature.
MOKO is sincerely looking forward to be your Metal Core PCB Partner
MOKO provide metal core PCB prototype fabrication and mcpcb fabrication quantities for both aluminum core and heavy copper PCBs.
Thermal management PCBs or MCPCBs are processed with standard SMT assembly equipment in the PCB manufacturing process.
Call us at 86-75523573370 or get an instant PCB quote.
We are ready and eager to turn your concepts into reality, from PCB design to being your MCPCB manufacturer.